domenica 22 dicembre 2013

Pollo alla romana a modo mio - Last time once again.





Chicken cooked in a “roman way” it’s typical from my tradition.
A meal that you serve very often.



“Pollo alla romana” is a simply recipe, gentle cook the chicken with oil, garlic and tomatoes in the can.
Simmer until chicken is ready and during the cooking add salt and water as much as it is necessary to get a smooth sauce.

It’s simple, It doesn’t require special abilities in cooking - nothing special, but it tastes so good.

Simple recipe like this Sunday, calm, slow Sunday…before Christmas, before I will be in the Italian chaotic atmosphere, before the changes ready on the way.

Once again changes are approaching my life, some of these changes are simply wonderful.

This is my last day I’m spending in my apartment completely alone. It looks like “the last time” I have already had so often in the past few months.

So this calm and silent Sunday brings to me time to reflect on my life, on my feeling and try to combine everything with the changes are on the way.  And still difficult to figure out.


Today I cooked a special version of “Pollo alla romana”




Ingredients for two people:
1 tomato can
Half chicken in pieces.
Two pieces of garlic
200 gr olives (Calamata in English – Gaeta in Italian)

Dried mushrooms ( seven/eight )

Put the dried mushrooms in a bowl with warm water.
In a pan add oil, garlic and chicken with the tomatoes, start cooking in a simmer and add salt and water.
During the cooking add the mushrooms and the olives.





It’s simple to cook, it is perfect for a winter, cold day like today.

Unfortunately it’s cloudy and dark even if it’s noon.
Taking pictures - with this poor light - it’s not an easy work and the outcome not satisfying.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento